Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I think I can... I think I can

That has been my mantra as I am crocheting this hat for my brother.  I am on the last row, doing a reverse single crochet and my yarn is looking a bit on the short side.  I already had to rip out this row SO CLOSE to the end because I just ran out.  I switched down to a G hook hoping it will give me a few stitches more so I can close the round.  As I was looking for my G hook I noticed something.  I have four H hooks.  Four of them, how this happened, I haven't the slightest clue because I bought a pack and I don't think there was any repeats.  They just materialized into my hook stash.  Twilight zone style,  I can see where I might have acquired one from my granny when she let me go through all that yarn in the shed, but still is it really necessary to have two of the same size hook on a craft that you can multi-task with one hook.  It isn't like knitting, I can see why people have more then one of a size there because you keep the work on the needle.  Or at least that is the way I understand it since I haven't been able to master the art of knitting yet.  Oh I have tried, but I have several things working against me. I will be knitting along pretty nicely and then I will drop a stitch and I have been unable to figure out how to pick up stitches, if there is a way.  Plus all the Newbie knitting patterns look so Newbish, I just can't really bring my self to spend all this time knitting something I could crochet fancier.  

I finally did my Christmas shopping, and I only have to go to Wal-mart to finish it off.  That should be a fun trip for tomorrow... NOT!  I got several gifts for my brother and one for my mom.  Now I just need to get one for my granny, and maybe one for my papa.  My papa has to be one of the hardest people to buy for, anything that he really wants he just goes and buys it.  Plus most of the things I can thing to give him it would be better for him to pick it out.  It also just doesn't seem right to buy him a Christmas present with the money he gave me for buying Christmas presents.  I don't want him to have to pay for his own present!  I have my granny's present already picked out.  I will get her a bath scruby brush with some nice smelling soaps and a certificate for a few bath washes, and rubs.  I think that will be a good gift and I hope that she likes it.  I think she will because I give a mean back massage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment